About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 19 April 2016

Another Year Gone III

I closed the door almost six hours later after the last guest left.  Dan and our princess were running a bath for her and I was on clean up duty.  The place looked like Chuck E Cheese after a Saturday of multiple birthdays.  I flopped down on the couch to survey the area and exhaustion was setting in.  I remember her first birthday, she took four steps that day, they were her first and she hasn't stopped since that day.  I started moving her toys into the toy box and shuffling things around so it gave the impression that it was organized not that it really mattered as the day was coming to an end.  It's hard to believe that three years had already passed us by and our baby girl is now a little girl.  Every single day she makes life this incredible adventure with her giggles, imagination, questions and dare devil personality.  Walking through the phases of life beside her and watching her conquer all of her firsts has been the most incredible experience and I still hold on to all of my sons firsts and thank the universe that it put me where I needed to be for both of my children.  I can hear her singing in the bathtub and giggling when Dan jumps in to sing along.  She starts pre school in a few weeks and I just want to hit the pause button...

No comments:

Post a Comment