About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 23 April 2016

Another Year Gone V

I laid on my kitchen floor, eighteen kilometres felt like 100...well I'd assume, considering that was my longest run ever.  My body was completely exhausted and I barely had enough energy to think; I wished we had a shower on the main floor of our house and then attempted to will it into existence.  I finally turned off my iPod but only because I could feel my phone vibrating.  It was my writing coach with class dates, that was more than enough to add some pep into my tired step.  I crawled to the kitchen table an opened my computer, it was time to start booking flights and making an actual calendar for the family.  My schedule would be monthly Thursday to Thursday and I would need someone to help me with my daughter while I was away...my mother, always my mother.  She doesn't care that it is an eight hour drive each way or that she is away from home for over a week or that she is here when I am not...she only cares that she gets that time with her granddaughter and at this point I wouldn't even entertain giving that time to anyone else.  She confirmed in a matter of minutes for the next six months...I'm so happy and grateful my children have her and will always remember their time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment