About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 4 April 2016

His New World IV

We sat in the athletes building outside of the coaches office for about twenty minutes and I was starting to feel anxious and nauseous the longer we waited.  I have met all of his coaches but this time it was different, this time I was meeting the one that was confident in his quarterback skills...so much so that he asked him to play three years for the school.  He opened the door to invite us in and I grabbed my sons hand more for my comfort than his...he knew the drill already.  I introduced myself and nervously took a seat across the desk from him while he explained in great detail what my son and I could expect in terms of training, playing and academics.  This is quite the jump from the facilities and trainers in his high school; he has a state of the art training facility complete with professional trainers and doctors along with a physiotherapy program.  I felt excited for my son to be able to experience his passion at this level and became more relaxed when the coach reassured me that he would personally look over my son to ensure he was okay each and every day.  Between the coach and the dorm mother I was starting to feel much better about getting on a plane in two days and leaving him in Montreal...alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment