About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 16 April 2016

Another Year Gone II

The scene was set with food, drinks, bouncy castle and of course the cake.  She came around the corner in her dress for the traditional birthday picture with her daddy, she wore the princess gown and stands on a chair to wrap her arm around him.  These two make me catch my breath from the overwhelming cuteness they provide me with.  I was feeling a little anxious at the thought of people pouring through my door but I only have a few celebrations a year so I have learned to turn this anxiety into excitement.  I always thought I was out going and social but sometimes I wonder if that was just a mask.  I snapped three pictures and showed her for approval and I can't help but laugh when her curls bounce from her giggling.  She leaned in to hug Dan and I at the same time and I start to feel a little part is missing and it's him...I miss my son terribly.  I choked back tears and became easily distracted when the doorbell rang...it's show time...

No comments:

Post a Comment