About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 14 April 2016

Another Year Gone

I woke early but didn't have any motivation to get out of bed, I laid there, paralyzed in thought.  I had no idea what the actual time was nor did I care.  She was clearly still asleep and Dan had already left for work.  She would be three in a few days and had the honour of sharing her special day with her father.  I loved celebrating their birthdays together and I know that Dan loves sharing this day with his little girl.  I remember when I came out of the operating room and he was sitting in the hospital room holding her and he was in awe of this little creature who wouldn't take her huge eyes off of him.  He seen her and held her before I got a chance but the look on his face was the best gift I could have ever given him.  From that moment on he did everything for her and never complained, he became so in love with this little girl and was always amazed by her.  I ran through the list of what was needed in terms of food for the BBQ, cakes, cookies, snacks, loot bags, alcohol and hoped I could reserve a bouncy castle this close to the date...which happened to be a Saturday in the summer...ugh.  I must have been deep in thought because I never noticed her come into the room and finally snapped out of it when she threw her blanky on me and climbed up and into my arms.  "Mama can I have breakfast?"  I giggled and kissed her cheeks, "Yes my love".  I snuggled her a little longer until she started to break away from my mom grip...it seems like yesterday she couldn't even speak...

No comments:

Post a Comment