About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 27 March 2016

A Writer in the Village XI

We sat on the tarmac for over an hour in line waiting to take off and every minute felt longer than the last.  I was a mere one hour flight from my children and best friend and I just wanted to see them.  I hadn't turned my phone off yet, the pilot said it would be another twenty minutes so I texted Dan.  I wanted to call and tell him everything but I couldn't wait any longer so I began my series of texts, one more anxious and exciting than the last and I love the build up leading to the reveal.  I never expected anything but complete happiness and support from my husband...I guess I'm spoiled that way but this is who we are.  I would gladly kiss him and send him to play music all over the world if he was given the opportunity and in return he gives me the same.

I turned my phone to airplane mode and started a conversation with the four year  old beside me.  He was quite chatty and reminded me of my daughter, the thought tugged on my heart and I teared up knowing I would see her soon.   This variation of my dream that I live is better than I would have ever imagined and I wonder if people know that the real deal may not be all it's cracked up to be...just because we aren't able to live it to the exact letter doesn't mean it is a loss or that we failed...reinvent it, find a way, a variation and just let it evolve.  More importantly just make the commitment to live the way you want and then do it.  I could never be a writer in NYC if I wasn't there or if I didn't write...sure I don't live there but I defiantly have a life there and I am writer that gets to be a New Yorker for one week a month...wheels up....

No comments:

Post a Comment