About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Another Good-Bye VI

By the time I reached Times Square I was already regretting leaving my bed. I was meeting Josh for dinner and trying to stay in the vicinity while he finished up at work. This guy works so many hours on Wall Street he literally sleeps there most nights. It was way too cold to stay outside so I made my way towards Harold Square ducking in and out of stores trying not to shop. I must have been lost in my thoughts because I didn't feel my phone vibrating in my hand. I missed three calls from my son. I left the store and made my way back up to Times Square trying to call him back but only getting his voice mail...I'm starting to worry, I don't recall a time he has been so adamant about talking to me.

I was standing on Broadway and 43rd when my phone went off again and I was able to duck into a corner and say hello. He had only been back at school for a short time since the holidays and his father's wedding in Mexico. My initial thought was that he needed money so I wasn't prepared for what I heard come out of his mouth. The lights of the city started swirling around me and I could feel my legs weaken and my eyes fill with tears. There are times as a mother that I have had to stand back and let him grow and make his own decisions and then support those decisions...but this is different..I think...I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment