About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 11 February 2017

Another Good-Bye VIII

Here is a perfect example of why it is frustratingly difficult to date NY men. We sat down and I ordered a glass of wine while he asked for iced water since he intends on going back to work. He ordered food for both of us and proceeded to answer emails while I stared at my glass waiting for small breaks where I could have his attention. He apologized at least every ten minutes but didn't change his behaviour so it fell on deaf ears. I wasn't really too put off anyway since I was still rattled by my son's news of wanting to leave football after twelve years. I ordered a second glass of wine and watched the people at the bar argue over politics, it was more interesting than watching him type over his phone.

By the time our food arrived I was tipsy and ready for bed...my bed. I at least got ten solid minutes of conversation in between him scarfing down his steak. He's really handsome and intelligent, he was in the military when moved on to Wall Street and was out to make his millions. I like Josh but he barely has time for himself so he has very little for me. He paid the bill and we walked out into the city to find a cab for him to go back to work. I hugged him and thanked him for dinner before putting him into the car. 

I crossed the street to Port Authority to catch my bus to Jersey. I can't wait to get home to Cleo...


No comments:

Post a Comment