About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 2 November 2016

From Paws to Wings

She knelt down beside me and inserted the needle, I couldn't even conjure up the strength to nod my head and finally let her rest. I laid there with my nose meeting hers and felt her lick the tip of mine one last time, I could never apologize enough. She let out a light moan and the doctor proceeded and with the realization that she was leaving me I couldn't contain the pain any more and sobbed into her neck. I felt her heart stop and panic set in, I wanted to take it back, I wasn't ready, just one more minute I begged. Her body went limp and she was resting painlessly. Without looking away I reached for Dan's hand and we locked fingers around her and cried together.

I heard the vet leave but I didn't move. I don't know how much more time I need with her, I will never see her like this again. I could hear Karen standing to leave and felt Dan make his way to his feet too, I was still gagging on my anxiety and sadness...I could lay here all night with her and tell her the story of 'us' forever...I remember walking into the shelter and Dan was standing with his back to you, you tapped him on the back of leg to let us know you were there. We fell in love with your big ears and pink nose immediately...that day you handed in your shelter name and became part of our family...


No comments:

Post a Comment