About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Home for the Holidays III

I'm done my Christmas shopping. It didn't have the same warmth it has carried in me for all of my years. I loved walking through the malls and streets, seeing them lit up and people watching for hours. Today it was more about completing a task and trying to get through it as painlessly as possible. It's funny how things work, I looked at her everyday and just assumed she would always be there. It never occurred to me until it was too late that one day she may not...regret is an awful feeling. I completely took for granted that she would be around if I needed her for a walk, talk or just comfort. 

I heard the phone ring but was too caught up on my own thoughts to answer. It was the vet, Django's ashes were ready to be picked up...she'll be home for the holidays...

No comments:

Post a Comment