About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 4 November 2016

Home for the Holidays I

We didn't talk about her for days, we barely talk about anything. I walk around the house in a daze trying to answer my daughters questions without becoming an emotional puddle. I'm not sure how my other dog is doing, he seems okay but it's barely been a full day. I was hoping to have Django home for Christmas one last time, I was going to make her a turkey dinner and let her eat everything she wanted. I was sad when she stopped eating all together because it meant I couldn't give her a last meal. The vet told me that I did everything I could and gave up at the right time, but really, what was she going to say? I did feel good about taking every approach thrown at me but failure is awful and downright sickening when the cost is this high. I took her collar from the dog bin in the closet and put it put it in a safe place where I would always have it. Some people think she was 'just a dog'...she was my friend, she loved me and took care of me...if only we could all be 'just dogs'...

No comments:

Post a Comment