About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 13 November 2016

Home for the Holidays V

"Hey Irish...guess who's in town?"

I stared at my screen for a short eternity...do I answer? I could just feel the kitchen swirling around me and slowly I was feeling sick to my stomach. Life still happens even when you run away to NY once a month, it waits for you. I can't escape life and now for the first time in a long time I realized that there will always be obstacles and disappointment to deal with. My life might be fun in NY but it is really just a short vacation and when I am home I still have a life to live...a real life, one with consequences and sadness, defeat and every other struggle. Yes, there is happiness and pride, love and family but for a brief moment in my life...I forgot life could be so incredibly unforgiving. I heard the garage door open, Dan is home with her. I placed my phone on the counter and ignored him for now...I want to welcome her home...

No comments:

Post a Comment