About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 7 November 2016

Home for the Holidays II

The house is emptier these days and I don't think I could handle another question period with my daughter over her dog. It's funny, she doesn't care for dogs or other animals unless they are stuffed and she can carry them around...but Django was the exception to her rule. Django and her were perfect friends and for some reason that was her dog. Together they would raid the dog treats and sleep together, watch television together and team up to pester the other dog. I remember one day she gave both of the dogs a chew treat and when Django finished hers, my daughter went and stole the chew treat from Wendell and gave it to Django. These two were partners in crime and now I am lost trying to explain that her friend isn't coming back without having to dive into the discussion of death this early in her life. More than once we have offered her candy in an effort to de-rail her questioning and I'm not entirely sure how I will help her preserve the memories of her friend and not answer her questions.

I looked down to find Wendell at my feet, sitting beside me and looking up. I feel sad for him, I placed my hand on his head and tossed him a piece of cheese...he smelled it and nudged it with his nose but couldn't be bothered to eat. I slid down to the floor and pulled him onto my lap, Wendell has always preferred dogs to people but today...today he just wants me...I'd love to mourn with him...

No comments:

Post a Comment