About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 28 November 2016

Full Circle VIII

I put my cup on the table and stood up to grab my jacket. "Where ya going Irish?" I smiled over at him and looped my scarf around my neck, "Either for a drink or home, your call". He finished his drink in one swallow and sat back up on the bed, "Why don't we just have another drink here?" Does he not feel the awkward silence like I do? I can't believe he wouldn't want to escape this room. I crouched down on the little stool I was using for my feet and was now facing him, "What happened all of those evenings when you left me waiting?" Well, if he wants to stay in and drink then the least he can do is take this garbage off of my plate and account for his behaviour. "Natalie, I was really working, there was never anything else". Funny how now I really just don't care anymore, it didn't help me or hurt me in the least and I wouldn't even care if I found out he was lying...that belongs to him, not me. I watched him pour another drink and wondered how he was still upright even after one. "The times I never contacted you or answered your calls was because my ex-wife wanted to work on our marriage". Is Robocop opening up to me? I tried my best not to look stunned by his confessions and just smiled and bobbed my head like an idiot. I spotted another empty bottle lodged between the bed and nightstand and felt my heart hurt for him. I watched him pour that drink down his throat and grab the bottle to pour his third...well third that I have seen. Part of me wanted to laugh in his face and walk out just to let the woman I used to be have her day. I stood up and moved towards the bed to sit down beside him...we sat side by side without saying another word while I held his hand. We were so different now...at least I was...

No comments:

Post a Comment