About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 27 November 2016

Full Circle VII

He poured himself another drink and kicked his shoes out of the way while he leaned back onto the bed. What the fuck? Why did he stop getting ready? I didn't ask and just continued to sip on my overly strong drink. It was quiet for a while and I remembered how little we actually have in common...almost nothing. I tried to grill him about his work but one thing he will never do is give up any information regarding his work. We talked about our lives, or the very little we would share and I told him all about my travels to New York which he didn't seem to care about. I didn't know how to leave and wasn't sure what else I had to say so I continued to sit in silence and stare at the television hoping for the fire alarm to go off or for him to get called out. Sitting there I had no idea what the fuck my problem was for all those months. I must have been confused, or lost, or crazy in that time to feel like I did...maybe the darkness took that garbage and retreated into the cage with whatever was making me feel so desperate to connect with him. I smiled to myself knowing that the curse was broken and I was free. I took another sip and continued to watch television...it's time to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment