About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 26 December 2016

The Long Island Mike II

I somehow got tangled into this web of abuse and anger; apparently trying to support my friend Mike meant I was against her...and I don't even know 'her'. I can't help but sit back and laugh to myself for just a minute, I remember being in these types of relationships...the rush of the highs and the absolute devastation of the lows. Using the relationship as a bargaining chip and trying to find the most hateful things you could possibly say to one another; they both seemed to have a lengthy list of each others fears and failures to hurl at one another. I don't miss those feelings although I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the highs and make up sex. Dan and I have never and I mean ever had an all out fight where we verbally attacked one another...I couldn't even imagine yelling at him or cursing him out.

Mike continuously talked about having a healthy relationship so he could have the family life but I question his sincerity with his alcohol use and offensive behaviours. We've moved on from emails to messaging apps, texting and phone calls...it's become a fierce game of who can have me on their side...why does that even matter? I feel sad for both but I have a friendship with Mike so I feel a little obligated to support him although I won't do it if he just wants me to help him bully her into keeping the baby. I couldn't even imagine being in either of their spots right now; she is pregnant with their baby, a baby that Mike has always dreamed about and she is terrified to be tied to him for the rest of her life...what a fucking mess.

I placed my phone on silent and curled up with Dan on the couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment