About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 19 December 2016

The Sun Always Comes Up III

I opened the front door to a pile of presents left by the UPS guy. They were all for my daughter from her grandparents...the in laws. My frustration started to grow, maybe because of the stress of the holidays or the fact that they do the absolute least possible to have anything to do with her and then send a bunch of gifts as a way to show their artificial involvement. I placed them on the counter and watched Dan stare in confusion until he started to read the names. At this point I don't even have to express my irritation to him because he has enough of his own. The problem isn't that they sent gifts, the problem is that when you only see her for a few hours a year she starts to forget who you are, she's only three. Now we have to say who they came from and then improvise some bullshit reasons why they never bother to visit her. I'm sure Dan has a reserve of excuses piled up from his own experiences but I don't feel like this should be our issue. I stood behind Dan while he typed a text message requesting they either start spending time with her or not bother sending her stuff which only creates confusion.

I guess I understand why they might not want to come here since I was very blatant almost a decade ago on my feelings towards them...but why is she left to pay that bill? Do they think they are hurting me by not coming to visit their son and granddaughter? I have always left that door wide open for them to come and visit their family but they refuse to walk through it and if they can't get over a decade ago then I guess they can continue to perpetuate what I have obviously proven to be right. I have no anger left to give them...it's just sad and at some point they will have to answer to Dan and our daughter...if she even cares by that time...he doesn't.

I hugged Dan tightly and rested my head on his chest...how could anyone not want to be in his life? This man is nothing short of amazing...their loss...look...the sun still comes up and the earth spins and time goes on and she grows up...with or without them...

No comments:

Post a Comment