About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 16 December 2016

The Sun Always Comes Up II

The holidays were shaping up to be completely different this year. Not only did we have to deal with Django being gone but this was the first Christmas since his birth that I would be without my son. I'm not someone who is good at letting go of things that I have enjoyed for so long whether it be my own tradition or thoughts or dreams.

I had all of my shopping done and tried my best to get into the spirit but it was becoming a full time job. It wasn't like I was depressed...more of pushed to move forward and accept certain changes as a fact of life. Dan hates the Christmas holidays so it was easy to get caught in his negativeness but we both made an effort to always make it fun for our daughter who loved setting up a tree, wrapping gifts, baking and shopping.

I poured myself a glass of Pinot and opened a beer for Dan then joined him on the couch where he was busy making Play Doh men for their Play Doh towns. I rested my hand on Django as I passed by, she would love to be laying on the floor watching my daughter's excitement.


No comments:

Post a Comment