About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 8 November 2017

The Longest Summer XIII

I bit my bottom lip and hit the button to buy the ticket. After a few days away with Dan I didn't want to leave my girl again so instead I bought her a ticket to come along and luckily Karen can come too. One week on the Upper West Side with two of my favourite ladies sounded perfect. I booked us an Airbnb and started packing two suitcases for the trip. She loves to go to Macy's so I packed half the amount of clothing she would need because her and Karen usually need to purchase a carry on to get all of their new items home. I opened my suitcase and rediscovered all of the pretty dresses I bought in California so I left them in there and threw in some clean socks and underwear and exchanged the toiletries.

I zipped up the bags and left them in the corner of my room. I picked up some of her toys and put them in a bin in her room, then folded three outfits that I was sure she tried on and wore for a few minutes today. The top of her dresser is almost full of little jewelry boxes she has found or bought  since she realized how much she loves treasure boxes. I sat at the end of her bed and memorized the order of her things and the stack of journals she has collected from NY to practice her spelling and drawing in. She keeps a picture of her and I on her nightstand and it's one of my favourites, which is why she keeps it so close. My mom said she grabbed one day when she was sad and I was away, that alone broke my heart. I guess that's why I decided to take her to NY as much as I can during this next year. It always goes back to my son and the time I missed with him, doing the right thing doesn't mean an existence without guilt...but I can learn...I can change...I can do better. There will never be enough time...there never is when it comes to those you love. I picked up her little sock and put it in her laundry hamper...time to start dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment