About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 14 November 2017

The Longest Summer XV

We arrived just after 4pm and were waiting for our luggage as the rush hour traffic was building. This is where my anxiety runs away with me and I have trouble trying to remain unbothered. I have to grab the luggage, buy three seats for the shuttle and make sure I have it done before this bus leaves otherwise I have another 40 min wait and I just cannot do that with a three year old and my anxiety is well aware of that. Our place is on the west side and I'm doing the math in my head regarding best transportation, cost and number of hours on the bus looking at the city but never really moving because you have to go through midtown...or...I take a cab and and head over the bridge where we can cut through the park.

I watched the shuttle bus pull away as I placed our last piece of luggage on the cart. Typically it would have left me feeling deflated but I was pretty happy to not sit on the bus when for about the same amount we can be in our flat and unpacked within an hour. I picked up my daughter and placed her on top of all the bags then pushed the cart outside into the wet heat to wait in line for a cab. By this evening we will be picnicking in the park and watching the skyline light up...

No comments:

Post a Comment