About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 16 November 2017

The Longest Summer XVI

A five story walk up...wtf was I thinking? My daughter was complaining by the time we reached the top of the first flight, which was twenty three stairs. I looked back to find Karen pulling her suitcase up the last few steps while I held the carry ons and cheered my daughter on, hoping I wouldn't have to throw her on my back. I was in a full sweat by the time we reached the door to the apartment and knew immediately that I would be strategic as to when I would leave to grab food or coffee. I couldn't imagine having to move into or out of one of these condos with no elevator...I would either lower my shit out the window or start fresh with all new furniture. I thought about the movies when they are lowering the piano out of the window and I finally understand.

We dropped the luggage on the living room floor and the three of us flopped down on the couch. I could hear my stomach growling and tried to remember the last time we all ate, I could put my appetite away to relax but a certain three year old may not agree. I turned on Netflix to distract her for twenty minutes while I unpacked, showered and caught my breath...I run the marathon again in a few months and clearly getting my ass kicked by five flights of stairs proves how little I have trained.

We all stood at the top of the stairs looking down the centre and contemplating how hungry and hot we were. My daughter placed her hand in mine and stepped down the first step...

No comments:

Post a Comment