About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 19 November 2017

The Longest Summer XVII

The sun was still beaming down relentlessly and the humidity was unforgiving. I tried to wear clothes that were light and airy but it doesn't really matter when standing in one place still makes you break into a sweat. We decided to walk around the neighbourhood to find a deli or restaurant before we spent the evening in the park. The sidewalks were full of children and their nannies or parent milling about and riding their scooters...I don't think children in Manhattan have bicycles.

We found a pizza bar with amazing salads and decided to stop in and get dinner over with so we could wonder the park until dark. I grabbed a seat right by the air conditioner and sunk into my seat, the humidity always drains me. I could see the sea of people passing by the window while we waited for our drinks and it always feels like home...I think I have Location Identity Crisis...I was meant to be a New Yorker but somehow got lost along the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment