About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 22 November 2017

The Longest Summer XVIII

By the time we reached the top of the stairs I was completely done with the day and ready to watch a movie and drift off to sleep. I ran a cool bath for my daughter, turned on the television and put some groceries away. I bought a few things for us to eat in the mornings to avoid the dreaded coffee and muffin run complete now with 250 stairs round trip. I tossed Karen a bottle of water and helped my daughter into her bath...I silently patted myself on the back for remembering to bring her bath toys. I sat in the kitchen at the tiny table and surfed the web while keeping an eye on her in the bath. I was looking for a scooter for her so it would be easier to get around the UWS and park during the days. She walks a lot to keep up with us and her little legs get so tired and I can only carry her so far and for so long.

I grabbed the wine I bought and a beautiful crystal goblet from the cabinet before I realized it was a corked bottle and not just a cap. I scoured the kitchen looking for a corkscrew but came up empty handed...how badly do I want a glass of wine? Turns out it was not bad enough to walk down the steps and to a bodega to find one. I reserved a scooter for tomorrow at the Toys R Us in the Manhattan Mall then closed my computer and started unpacking...

No comments:

Post a Comment