About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 11 November 2017

The Longest Summer XIV

She was barely awake and it was no small task to dress her while she tried to escape my hold and get back to her pillow. She started giggling while trying to open her eyes so I kissed her on the cheeks to help bring her out of her slumber. "Fine mom I'm up, let's go to Macy's". I've created a monster, but truth be told I love our shopping trips and watching her develop her own style. I picked her up and rested her head on my shoulder while she clutched her blanket and stuffed dog. Dan was already putting the luggage in Karen's car while she grabbed the car seat.

Travelling with a three year old is incredibly easy, she rolls her own luggage, gets us through the Nexus line and always gets us on the plane first. Once I had her settled in her seat she would colour or play with her dolls for hours only asking to check out the tiny airplane bathroom once or twice. She always orders an orange juice and cookies along with crackers and hummus...I noticed last time we flew that she had developed a routine for flying.

Karen was already sleeping against the window by the time we were taxiing down the runway...NYC never gets old to me...I just know it's where I am supposed to be...forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment