About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 30 November 2017

The Longest Summer XXI

I checked in on my daughter and Karen who were sleeping diagonal on the bed. I closed the blinds and covered them up then closed the door behind me as I tipped toed back into the living room. I was starting to pace and couldn't just relax. New York has this affect on me as well, when I'm here if I'm not moving around and taking the city then I feel like I'm wasting time. It's a silly thought and I try not to get wrapped up in it but when I take another look out the curtains to see people still filling the streets and ducking into pubs and restaurants I know I want to be part of it. I brushed my teeth, threw on fresh clothes and found some flats. I grabbed a pen out of my purse to leave a note for Karen then decided to wake her up instead incase anything happened or she missed the note.

I closed the door as quietly as I could behind me and found myself back at the top of the stairs...damn it! I almost forgot about the climb home.

I stepped out into the city and the air still felt thick and heavy with the humidity but I didn't care. I turned left down Columbus and felt the familiar bounce in my step that arises every now and again when I'm in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment