About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 7 May 2018

Another Christmas IX

It all took less than an hour. Kaila and her family showed up at 8am and together we helped the children find their way to their surprise. They screamed, cheered, laughed and jumped around, it was the exact reaction you hope to achieve when you put so much thought and effort into the perfect gift.

After they went back to their house we opened the rest of our gifts and started on breakfast. I loved holiday brunch, Dan goes all out and cooks anything we request. He has never been a fan of Christmas, apparently it was never been a big deal in his house but slowly he is coming around and I can almost see the holiday cheer in him these days...even without the rum in his eggnog. My daughter loves it, the more lights and decorations the better; we buy a couple new things each year to light up the house and yard.

I poured my second cup of coffee, walked over and sat down beside her while she was checking out  her new toys, I smiled as she held them up and showed me what she received...her beliefs and hopes are so pure and still in tact. I want to capture this because for a fleeting moment in her life...she has no idea that mom and dad are Santa...she still believes...

No comments:

Post a Comment