About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 14 May 2018

Another Christmas XII

3am came fast and it felt like I barely closed my eyes just as the alarms were going off. We arrived at the airport with time to grab breakfast and coffee before we boarded the plane. There was eight of us with Dan following later this evening. Luckily we were able to board first and get comfortable while we ate and discussed what we wanted to do for the vacation. It was already decided that our family's would not be always together, in fact other than sharing a house and a day at Disneyland, we all had different things we wanted to do with our respective family's...it was perfect. I hated the thought of going on vacations with friends and family only to discover they expect to be with you every minute of the day and agree on all activities...there is no way that happens effortlessly, and it's unnecessary.

I felt my daughter sink into me as she drifted back to sleep, we have a couple of stops before we arrive at LAX. I wrapped her up in my sweater and rested her head on pillow she brought. It felt great to be leaving the miserable cold weather...maybe this can be our tradition...for my family anyway. I reached back and held Kaila's hand while we taxied down the runway, I can feel her anxiety and see it in her face. I squeezed her hand for comfort then let my mind wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment