About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 4 May 2018

Another Christmas VIII

Kaila finished the Disney sign and was back in my house around 3am. We opened a bottle of wine and attempted to tape it to the television; it would be where their scavenger hunt ended. We decided to make it a game to build the anticipation, ending in front of the tree with 3 pieces of luggage, one for each girl along with some autograph books and a huge glittery sign covered in Disney. I always dreamed of this happening to me but it just never happened and that's okay because now I can do it for my children.

We sat on the couch with our feet up on the coffee table, sipping wine and taking in all of our efforts. Kaila has become like a sister to me, I love her like I have always known her. She has the ability to make my anxiety rest and in the wake of her own and together we have found a way to heal each other when it seems too much to do alone.

I hugged my friend and locked the door behind her. I walked up to my bedroom and crawled into bed beside my daughter. She rolled over and placed her hand on my arm, I placed my other hand over hers and drifted off...

No comments:

Post a Comment