About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Another Christmas XVII

We spent the entire day driving through the hills, walking the boardwalk in Venice Beach and eating some of the best tacos I have ever had. Kaila and her children spent the day doing their own things and I was relieved that after Trevor left she felt confident to go it alone since there was still so much for her to still see. We went back to the outlet mall and shopped around for a bit before meeting Kaila at the car rental drop off. I was ready to go home, we all were.

Kaila laid her carry on bags in a row and then flopped down on them. You could see the exhaustion in each of us, except the kids...the kids never seemed to run out of energy. We sat in a circle and enjoyed lunch together, reminiscing over the past few days and trying to organize the next few. I was leaving in just over a week to visit my father, he's back in the hospital. I rested my head on Dan's shoulder and closed my eyes...back to the depths of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment