About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 12 May 2018

Another Christmas XI

I was expecting my son and his girlfriend in the later afternoon, they were coming back to travel with us in Los Angeles. His girlfriend has been around since grade 5 so I invited her too and picked up the Disney tickets as a convenient gift. I was chasing my daughter around the house, her favourite game is when I pretend to be the evil step mother and chase her to clean up her things...she giggles the entire time.

I texted Kaila to confirm they would drive us all to the airport except Dan, he has to work tomorrow then will join us late evening. I threw the last of my things in a bag and placed it beside the front door, then chased her to make sure she's doing her own packing.

My thoughts keep moving to my father, it's difficult to ignore his circumstances and not at least try to find a way out...but there is only one way. I'm at that stage in my life where all of the adults I knew growing up are dying, aunts, uncles, cousins, family friends. My childhood feels like forever ago. I can close my eyes and remember how little I felt my father's arms, I was safe and loved, happy and whole, now I'm left with watching him slowly deteriorate and I am terrified that these memories will be what I am left with...at times I struggle to hang on to the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment