About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 3 January 2019

A Love, A Loss, and Peace XVI

My father was calling me twice a day confirming that I would be in town to visit on the date I gave him nearly three months ago. I knew he was lonely but it was starting to feel desperate and out of character; he was always in a good mood waiting for me to arrive so I made sure that I wouldn't miss him.

I arrived in time to take him to dinner then grab him a few treats before I went back to my room for the night. I liked visiting my father but he's a chain smoker and hates to leave his place, I try and survive under the blanket of smoke. I turned up the heat, tucked him in and made sure nothing in the house was left burning or on then I locked the door and closed it behind me.

I woke a few hours later to a text message that my father was taken to the hospital by ambulance...my cousin who is a police officer heard the call over the radio and notified the rest of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment