About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 26 January 2019

A Love, A Loss, and Peace XXVI

Erin called Trina the same time he called me but hadn't heard back from her, until now. I stayed silent when he answered the call in his car, it was on bluetooth so I heard every word. Erin explained to her what happened the days leading up to my father dying and offered support if she needed anything. I don't know, maybe I expected too much, maybe I have no right to say a word when it comes to her and our father, everyone mourns differently.

"Throw out all of his shit". Erin almost snapped his neck turning towards me and placing his finger over his mouth to shush me. I can be straight fire when dealing with relatives like her. 
"Did you want to see your father?"
"Nah, tell me when the apartment is done". I was crying again, not because I was sad but because I loathed her so much in every possible way. She was everything I never wanted to be, cold and callous, selfish and greedy. Her mother died years ago and she did the exact same thing. I decided then that she got no say in anything that would be decided...fuck her!

Erin hung up on her and cried with me, we couldn't believe someone could be so incredibly vacant and cold. But her shit doesn't belong to me and I'm not about to change that. I have no interest in building a bridge to her, and now the only reason we ever had to run into each other is dead...and I am sure she will go the exact same way...alone. 

Family is about to come out of the woodworks expecting the Irish wake and funeral. I love the way they smirk at me like I fucking owe them something. They act like I am disrespectful by not having a funeral, open bar no less. These same people haven't bothered to visit my father, take him out or even dial his fucking number. There will be no funeral because that was one of my father's wishes, he didn't want to celebrate his life with people who couldn't be bothered to celebrate when he was alive. I'm just like my father...I get the last fuck you! 

Patty's flight just landed and I need her right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment