About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 25 January 2019

A Love, A Loss, and Peace XXV

I finally stopped crying long enough to catch my breath and take it all in. I got up and rummaged around the room, which doubled as an office, looking for a Sharpie. I read a book once where people left messages on the coffin as a lovely message before they went to their final resting place. My father is going to be cremated but I still wanted to send him off with love and forgiveness.

Dear Dad,

I'm sorry I lost so much time being angry with you. I'm sorry I stole years you would have had with your grandchildren. I have so many good memories growing up and I want you to know that I love you and I am going to miss you so much. I'm glad we were able to spend that last few years building our bridge back to one another and I am happy that we got to say good bye. I'm going to miss you until I see you again...Love Toad.

I kissed my hand and placed it over his forehead then made my way back to the lady who let me in.

I was relieved to find Erin sitting with her while waiting for me. I asked the lady to give me one more day before my father is taken...I want Patty to see him, to say good bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment