About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 23 January 2019

A Love, A Loss, and Peace XXIII

I woke with a headache, I cried too much. I made my way to the washroom to take some Advil, wash my face and brush my teeth. I was happy to see nothing on my phone, no texts, no missed calls and no updates...I jumped in the shower hoping to wash away the last few days.

I laid on the bed to stretch out and dry off, I drifted off through my own tears wondering how I would be able to go back and do it all over again. I'll call him when I wake...

I woke forty five minutes later to my phone ringing, it's Erin. I rubbed my eyes and fumbled for the phone. "Hey, what's going on?"

"They found your father unresponsive this morning in his bed". I could hear a crack in his voice, a sadness.
"He has a DNR Erin, make sure they don't do anything". I sat straight up in bed...I need to pack my bag back up.
"He's been dead for several hours Natalie, I'm sorry". I didn't even realize I was crying, I felt numb, I felt lost, I felt scared and I felt lonely.
"Natalie, Are you there?"
"Yeah". But I should be there....



No comments:

Post a Comment