About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 24 January 2019

A Love, A Loss, and Peace XXIV

Before I checked out of my hotel I called Air Canada and arranged for my sister, Patty, to fly in and help me clean out all of his things.

I went to the place where they were holding my father's body, I wanted to see him again. The woman who greeted me shook my hand and apologized for my loss before she led me down the hall and up a few steps to the room; she opened the door, squeezed my shoulder then turned on her heel and walked back down the hallway.

I stood in the doorway for a few minutes then slowly walked over to the wooden box. He looked peaceful, finally resting and out of pain. I dropped to my knees, leaned my head against the side of the box and sobbed. Have you ever hurt so much you can feel your soul cry? I curled up into a ball beside his pine box and cried until there was nothing left. 


No comments:

Post a Comment