About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 9 July 2016

Finding My Limits XI

Morning therapy with Dan felt like a lifetime time ago but it's nice to know his ears are never closed to me.  I was pushing my eggs around the plate and nibbling on gluten free toast that even butter couldn't save.  Initially we talked about my dreadful training program for the marathon coming up but the thought of this terrified me and brought on anxiety like a freight train, I just had to keep telling myself that I just needed to finish.  I have always dreamed of running this race so I finally said it out loud and took the step...I will run, walk or crawl but I will step over the finish line...or die trying.  I watched him out of the corner of my eye place his fork on his plate and take a drink of his coffee, he won't say anything, but this is my opportunity if I need to talk.  I followed suit and put my fork down...it's one thing for me to pour my emotions all over him but it's another to fill his plate with someone else's... 

No comments:

Post a Comment