About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 15 July 2016

Writer on the Run II

I told myself I would wake at 6am and do my running in the morning before Dan left for work...well that's what I told myself. I preferred morning workouts because I'm a morning person and that time of day sets my tone for the rest of the day. Everyday up until that day I was awake around 6 am and just used the time for myself to read, play a game or get some writing in but as soon as I made the commitment to myself to spend that time running it was like I was completely sedated each and every morning...like my body could not get enough rest...and if my body lacks motivation then my brain will make justifications for it and slowly put me right back into the dream I was woken from. I had to laugh at myself; I mean here I was, a woman in her mid-thirties finally running the one marathon I desired to do and I'm not really sure why since I've never identified as a marathoner...perhaps it was a status and bragging rights I had always wanted.  An accomplishment that was just mine, something I did for me...something I finally followed through with.

No comments:

Post a Comment