About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 28 July 2016

Writer on the Run VIII

It was the slowest ten kilometres I had ever run but I was pretty happy I completed it without much pain.  My arches felt much better but I could now feel a pinch in my right knee after seven kilometres. Upgrading shoes helped my arches and now I have to see about my knees...ugh I felt the mountain start to build in front of me and with it came feelings of discouragement. Maybe I was running too much...maybe you can't cram for a race like you can for a test.

I was still sitting on the front steps when Dan drove up, that man can spread a smile across my face instantly and I was excited to tell him that I could run again...for now. He walked over and sat down beside me so we could talk about the day and make out on our front step. I know he wants to be there for me when I cross the finish line but it's just not possible this year due to his schedule...I don't hold that against him. He offered to buy me dinner if I let him shower with me...deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment