About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 30 July 2016

Writer on the Run IX

I laid in bed long past my alarm, trying to talk myself either into or out of running. I always have the best days when I run in the mornings but that does little to launch me out of bed and into my shoes. I rolled over and smiled at my husband who was still asleep. We stayed out later than we should have last night and had the extra drink that made us reminisce about our days fresh out of school and living in an oil town. I can still see the same look on his face that was there when we first met...I still make him smile and fall in love. I leaned over kissed the palm of his hand then rubbed my nose over his before getting out of bed.

I grabbed my running gear and quietly made my way down the stairs to the front door. The dogs were looking at me like they hadn't eaten in a month or walked in days, I rolled my eyes and grabbed the leashes while they bounced off of walls with excitement...Django is less than excited these days but she is getting old. I remember the day Dan and I rescued her over nine years ago; I put her collar on and kissed her nose...we'll take it easy for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment