About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 6 October 2017

My Father XIV

Three days after leaving my home town and I was pulling into my own driveway and didn't care if I ever got back in my car. I left our luggage in the trunk, I couldn't be bothered to start unpacking my life just yet. I wanted to have a shower and wash the past far down the drain.

I walked in and found Dan playing his guitar on the couch while he was drinking a beer. He lights up whenever he sees me, like he is looking at me for the first time...every time. Our daughter came bouncing in the house with her new things that she couldn't wait to show her father. I watched him pick her up and ask about every aspect of her trip...he's a great father and that doesn't change when he interacts with my son. I think my father used to be like this...or maybe I just always wanted him to be.  

I grabbed my phone and headed upstairs so she could have some time with her father. I called my dad...but never said a word...

No comments:

Post a Comment