About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 28 October 2017

The Longest Summer IX

I shopped all day while he ducked in and out of music stores and pubs. Later in the afternoon we took the ferry across to Coronado Island for dinner where we found an amazing Italian restaurant with great gluten free options and sat at a table by the sidewalk so we could people watch.

It can be difficult at times in a marriage to find things to talk about when the little ones are gone, and at times it was even a touch scary to be alone. Dan and I are not in a typical marriage and although it has had its challenges...being together was never one of them. We clinked our glasses and threw back the wine while I listened to him talk about music and reminisced about our train trips across Europe. We have so many amazing memories of just the two of us that we could spend years going through them and reliving the happiness we created. I am in awe of this beautiful man who wants to share my life but never monopolize it...our dreams are not the same but that has never derailed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment