About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 6 January 2018

New Friends I

I hadn't been back to New York in over a month and was struggling to find a time I could go back. The kids were back in school, I was back working at the halfway house and doing contracts while the summer slid away without so much as a good bye. I have been talking with Joseph for weeks, morning, noon and night. It's all friendly, nothing inappropriate, just becoming friends and seeing if we could possibly spend time together and if so...what that would look like. I like him, he's hilarious, quick witted and very intelligent. We decided we would meet when I come back to town and he would show me around the boroughs.

I laced up my shoes and grabbed my iPod, I only have a few weeks of training left and a lot of ground to make up. I headed for the hills, seven miles of hilly trails twice a day should at least bring me to the point of finishing again. I don't run marathons to break times, I run them because nothing feels better than crossing that finish line in Central Park and knowing I could do it. I just have no idea why I chose to do it a second time...

No comments:

Post a Comment