About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 29 January 2018

New Friends X

We found a spot at the very end of the block, I'm not even certain it was a spot but the truck fit so we parked. The trees were huge and acted like canopy's over the streets, the street lights were old and beautiful and the brownstones were just like you'd expect them to be. We walked past the end of a building and turned left at the corner onto the promenade. It was breathtaking, you could see lower Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty lit up, the Brooklyn Bridge strung with lights and as far down as the Chrysler Building. The view was incredible, the lights danced around the city and we stood under the trees and over the traffic while we took in all of the sounds and watched the people around us. I never toured around the other boroughs, other than for the marathon, and so this was all but lost to me until today, Brooklyn is impressive in itself and the more I walked around the more I wanted to discover.

We found a little wine bar and stepped in for a glass before we headed back to Queens. "So, Natalie are you staying or would you like me to take you in the city?" I really didn't see a reason not to stay, "Can I have the back room with the locks and bathroom?" He laughed and finished off his last mouthful of wine, "of course you can and please give someone your location and my name". He doesn't know that I already took a picture of his licence and sent it to Karen along with his passport number, address and full name...I almost forgot I went through his wallet. I don't ever do that but I've never let anyone pick me up from the airport and host me for a week...I'm sure we can all look the other way on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment