About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 30 January 2018

New Friends XI

I woke to the sound of a dog barking, I looked out the back door to find a pitbull barking at the wind. I'm not sure who the dog belongs to but it's on this back step and won't shut up. The clock on his dresser read 8:05am, which means it's just after 6am back home and with that realization I climbed back into bed. I tossed and turned for another hour before I grabbed my towel and headed for the shower. I hadn't heard any movement in the front of the house so I did my best to keep quiet and make as little noise as possible.

By the time I had emerged from the washroom I could smell the bacon in the air and hear soccer on the television. I threw on my lulu's and a tank top and made my way down the hall. I found him with a spatula in his hand yelling at a player on the television while the bacon crisped and the eggs hardened. I grabbed a coffee pod from the top of the fridge and moved the pan off of the stove. "Hey, I was cooking you breakfast, put the pan back on." I looked over at him and rolled my eyes, 'no, you are burning my breakfast and yelling at some guy on the television." When he smiles his dimples show up and his eyes sparkle, it's been a while since he could have the banter with a woman in his home and I could see he missed it. I sat down at the island facing the television and watching him collect his heart after his team lost in extra time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment