About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 23 January 2018

New Friends VIII

I woke to my phone vibrating on the coffee table. It was still light out and the television was turned to news. I sat up to collect my bearings and look around, I forgot where I was for a moment. I spotted Joseph at the island in his kitchen reading a paper and drinking tea. I stretched and flopped back down on my pillow, my eyelids felt like sandpaper and my throat was dry, I blindly reached over for my tea and attempted to drink it without opening my eyes any further. I heard his chair move but didn't look up, "Want a glass of water?" I did but for some reason I couldn't answer...it was like being in a lucid dream where I could comprehend but had trouble interacting. I nodded and rolled over to my side, I guess being up for over 30 hours is just too much for my mind and body. I felt the straw touch my lips and I inhaled a mouthful just to wet my mouth so I could swallow. "Dinner isn't for a couple of hours if you want to keep sleeping Natalie". At this point it wasn't a matter of want it was a matter of need and I embraced it.




No comments:

Post a Comment