About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 7 January 2018

New Friends II

My miles got longer as the days got shorter and I could feel my stamina increasing with each day. The hour walks uphill on the treadmill was making it easier for me to run longer even if it was slower. I just need enough to get over that finish line and get back to my hotel, except this time I won't have my son to help me and that felt a little scary. Time was flying by as I struggled to keep pace with last years training model. My body ached and my feet were swollen and irritated from the sand and sweat but I only had a few more weeks until training would be complete and I would have to rest before the race.

I sat on the back bumper of my truck while I catch my breath and try not to gulp my cold water. I answered a few emails and exchanged some light banter with Joseph while we tried to make plans for my upcoming visit. The thing with Joseph is that even if it all falls flat once we meet I am fairly certain we would be great friends...but he's not exactly someone I want or need in my friend zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment