About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 1 June 2016

Coaches and Classes XV

The humidity is ridiculous and sitting in her apartment is not much better.  I couldn't possibly wear any less clothing and still be considered appropriate...by anyone's standards.  We were scheduled to complete the blueprint for my book and I am so excited to start the process not knowing of course what the entire process would entail.

She met me in her living room with her computer, note pads and a container of pens and pencils.  I prefer to write out my thoughts and arrange them before I begin typing but she is an old hand at this with six books and a Broadway play under her belt.  I admire her, it took over ten years to get her first book published and seven for her second, but then everything started to flow beautifully for her.  I liked that she was a Canadian transplant who's writing brought her to the Big Apple...it's relieving to know that it is always possible.

I moved from the couch to the floor just to feel the coolness of the hardwood on my skin, it's difficult to focus when the heat is slowly putting me to sleep.  I looked up and watched her staring at the ceiling and mumbling to herself...I grabbed my notes and pen...she's ready to start....

No comments:

Post a Comment