About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 17 June 2016

Finding My Limits I

I was sitting in Carmine's in Times Square at a table for two that Mike reserved.  I wondered if he picked Carmine's because it was where we had our first date and if that's the case what was he expecting other than dinner.  This new relationship he is in seems just as toxic as the rest of his life and I worry, but stay clear.  I have leaned to keep him at arms length knowing that I'm easily drawn into his darkness and chaos.  He knows I won't feed him lies or garbage he wants to hear, but he also knows that I'll help him work it out when he is ready to do the work.  I remember when Dan said to me, "You can always talk to me but one day you might want to talk to someone who can give you insight and direction".  That's how I was feeling with Mike but with less of a tolerance than Dan.  I ordered a drink and reviewed the menu while I waited for my late dinner date.


No comments:

Post a Comment