About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 23 June 2016

Finding My Limits IV

I was stuck in traffic for over an hour trying to get Cleo to her kennel and hoping I would be back in time to catch my flight.  I still haven't slept and knew I wouldn't until I was in my own bed and even then I wasn't entirely convinced.  It had only been a few hours since my last email to Mike but I haven't heard a word and I even went to the extent of calling him and leaving voice mail messages.  I'm not ready for this type of support group and although I work closely with those suffering from addiction I don't really know Mike...I only see what he shows me and I have no idea if this is a cry for help and if it is I don't know the path to direct him to.

I pulled up to the giant warehouse of kennels and doggie daycare for Cleopatra and cried all over her pretty face wishing I didn't have to leave her and knowing she suffered from separation anxiety.  I watched her walk into her daycare class before I made my exit and I felt better knowing she was playing and not just watching me have to abandon her there.

Forty-five minutes later I was back in the apartment and finished packing my things.  It was time to go and nothing felt resolved...helplessness is an awful feeling as I am sure he is aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment