About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 18 June 2016

Finding My Limits II

I lost track of time flipping through my pictures and making notes on loose papers in my purse for my first chapter.  When my third beer arrived I decided to turn on my data for the internet since Mike will only use massage apps to talk with me.  My email had seven new messages so I started to open them. I knew he was at home drunk as soon as I opened the first one, it was a link to a youtube video for some song he was relating to...this was exactly his style...gets drunk then starts to find pity songs that he feels describes his life.  I opened four emails all pretty much the same with different links to songs and I was feeling pissed off that I was stupid enough to agree to meet him.  The last three emails made my stomach turn with anger and sadness; the first was a picture of bullets on his bed, then a rifle sitting beside them and finally one with him holding the gun.  What the fuck did he expect me to do?  He was on Long Island and I was in Midtown hours from heading back to Canada.  I hated him for doing this to me, I didn't even know his address anymore and he knew I couldn't go to see him.  It felt like he was looking for some company for his misery, he loved to torture me for some reason...perhaps he was testing my friendship...I didn't like the constant battle of proving myself to him.  I asked for the bill and finished my beer...his super power is making me feel as helpless as possible.  I walked out into the streets, took a deep breath and ran to the ally to throw up my Heineken...

No comments:

Post a Comment